Shipping a bass...

• Members

hey all...

need to ship my kawai off to Bass NW...never shipped an instrument..

can anyone enlighten me with tips on packaging, which is the cheapest method, that sort of thing??

gracias

• Members

Often music stores will give you an empty guitar box, and I like to get acoustic guitar boxes because they are typically bigger than the bass case and you can put extra packing around it. Bubble wrap is the best but newspapers will do but pack around the case so it has cushion all around. Also if the bass slides around in the case at all, use paper towels to fill in the gaps so the bass doesn't move around. Some people believe you should loosen the tension on the strings but an article in Bass Player I read said that is wrong, leave the normal tension. Of course tape the box shut real well.

If you don't have a hard shell case, this is something I've wondered about too. I don't think I'd be willing to take the risk, but I bought a MIJ stratocaster once and the guy wrapped the whole guitar in bubble wrap 4-6" thick and put that in a box. I think I'd buy a cheap case and include that in the sell price.

• Moderators

If you don't have a hard shell case, this is something I've wondered about too. I don't think I'd be willing to take the risk, but I bought a MIJ stratocaster once and the guy wrapped the whole guitar in bubble wrap 4-6" thick and put that in a box. I think I'd buy a cheap case and include that in the sell price.

I have used the bubble wrap method with great success. I prefer to ship in a hardshell case, but bubble wrap in a box is not a problem.

• Members

I have used the bubble wrap method with great success. I prefer to ship in a hardshell case, but bubble wrap in a box is not a problem.

Thanks! I've wondered about that. Since I got my new bass I REALLY need to sell one or two and I may have to sell one without a case. I'm nervous about that but I'm glad to know it does work well. :thu:

• Members

damn you and your lack of a cover band rickshaw....

can't belive the trouble i've had unloading such a fine bass...

some jackass even responded to my craigslist ad with an offer of 200...yes, the all maple/koa neckthru kawai is worth less than a Squier...i wanted to track him down and beat him severely....

• Members

damn you and your lack of a cover band rickshaw....

can't belive the trouble i've had unloading such a fine bass...

some jackass even responded to my craigslist ad with an offer of 200...yes, the all maple/koa neckthru kawai is worth less than a Squier...i wanted to track him down and beat him severely....

i really would but it but the funds just aren't there right now. i'm actually selling off some stuff just to raise some funds.

:cry:

Archived