Paging Kindness!

Thunderbroom

• Moderators

I will have it this whole week. I have it for purposes of getting a much better feel for a cabinet I often recommend to people when the opportunity arises. I have more informed things to say now about its design, tonal signature and usefulness with various amps. For example, a restored 1969 Univox all tube 150 watt amp.

• Members

I will have it this whole week. I have it for purposes of getting a much better feel for a cabinet I often recommend to people when the opportunity arises. I have more informed things to say now about its design, tonal signature and usefulness with various amps. For example, a restored 1969 Univox all tube 150 watt amp.

I'm assuming the amp sounds pretty good.

:)

We're leaving for Chicago in about 5 minutes. Not sure if I'll hang a little with the new baby or just head straight to your place and then come back and hang with them. I'll let my wife decide.

• Members

I'd love to hear some impressions after you get to spend a little more time with it. I loved the sound of your V4B through Jeff's.

• Moderators

I'd love to hear some impressions after you get to spend a little more time with it. I loved the sound of your V4B through Jeff's.

I will definitely post my impressions at the end of the week. Now having it in my house and being able to listen to it in a more controlled environment, I can see why it is so highly regarded. It is warmer and rounder than my cabinets of choice, but it is "the bass sound" that the vast majority of bassists want to hear/need to reproduce. It is a great cabinet.

Jeff and I just plugged my 20 watt all tube guitar amp into it, rocked a pbass and it shook the walls. :)

• Members

I will definitely post my impressions at the end of the week. Now having it in my house and being able to listen to it in a more controlled environment, I can see why it is so highly regarded. It is warmer and rounder than my cabinets of choice, but it is "the bass sound" that the vast majority of bassists want to hear/need to reproduce. It is a great cabinet.

Funny, I never realized just how round it was until a couple weeks ago. I tend to favor the bridge pickups/pluck closer to the bridge on my basses. I was messing around with the jazz and rolled off the bridge pup half way and played up by the neck, and damn, that was a lot of bass.

Jeff and I just plugged my 20 watt all tube guitar amp into it, rocked a pbass and it shook the walls.
:)

Nice. I don't doubt it after how loud the Ampeg was. :D

• Moderators

Funny, I never realized just how round it was until a couple weeks ago. I tend to favor the bridge pickups/pluck closer to the bridge on my basses. I was messing around with the jazz and rolled off the bridge pup half way and played up by the neck, and damn, that was a lot of bass.

Exactly. Now go look at the pics of Jeff's new rig in the thread I just started. :cool:

Archived