Mustang/ Bronco bass body replacements?

Ender_rpm

• Members

Saw a band the other night, and the mustang bass the guy was playing looked awesome. I tried one out, but didn't care for the short scale and weak pickups. Anyone know where one can find a replacement body in 34" scale? I checked warmoth, and they'd have to do it as a custom one off, which = $. Ideas? Can a 34" neck be bolted on in place of the 30"? Thanks!!

• Members

Saw a band the other night, and the mustang bass the guy was playing looked awesome. I tried one out, but didn't care for the short scale and weak pickups. Anyone know where one can find a replacement body in 34" scale? I checked warmoth, and they'd have to do it as a custom one off, which = $. Ideas? Can a 34" neck be bolted on in place of the 30"? Thanks!!

Maybe I'm missing something. You love the way the Mustang looked, but don't like the short scale, don't like the pick-ups and want to change the neck? What would be left that is "Mustang" ? Just the Body? I don't see where the Mustang's body is anything that unique in and of itself. Just MHO.

• Members

Maybe I'm missing something. You love the way the Mustang looked, but don't like the short scale, don't like the pick-ups and want to change the neck? What would be left that is "Mustang" ? Just the Body? I don't see where the Mustang's body is anything that unique in and of itself. Just MHO.

Ha, would it trouble you if i said I agree? :) I really like the smaller body size, but prefer the full scale neck. I'm 5'4", so smaller bodies work well for me. Just askin :)

• Members
Ha, would it trouble you if i said I agree?
:)
I really like the smaller body size, but prefer the full scale neck. I'm 5'4", so smaller bodies work well for me. Just askin
:)

Warmoth used to make downsized bodies (the "Dinky" series). Dunno if they still do, but it's worth an email. I know they made Jazzes, and maybe Precisions too.

Archived