Chicago HCBF Hospitality!

BeeTL

• Members

I've started a new job and was I was in Chicago the last few days for training. I posted a thread asking for ideas of things to do, and Kindness responded with an offer to meet and hang out.

Last night I met Kindness and Brother Mango for dinner and then hung out at Kindness' place and tried the pink Jazz bass, the Ric, the '57 P Bass, both Laklands, the Squier Strat, and the kit built Tweed Deluxe amp.

The basses were all nice (ok, VEEERRRRRY NICE) but the Deluxe was by far the coolest thing for me. I don't have a guitar amp right now, and I've been looking for something practical but with first class tone, and the Deluxe has it in spades.

The variation in tone this amp is capable of by switching pickups and adjusting the volume on the Strat is like nothing I've ever played before. Kindness has me almost ready to build one myself.

To top the evening off, we stopped in front of The Chicago Music Exchange and ogled the over-abundance of really cool gear through the front window. That's the kind of place that inspires GAS beyond all imagination.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to Kindness and Brother Mango, and I look forward to my next trip to Chicago!

:thu:

• Members

I've started a new job and was I was in Chicago the last few days for training. I posted a thread asking for ideas of things to do, and Kindness responded with an offer to meet and hang out.

Last night I met Kindness and Brother Mango for dinner and then hung out at Kindness' place and tried the pink Jazz bass, the Ric, the '57 P Bass, both Laklands, the Squier Strat, and the kit built Tweed Deluxe amp.

The basses were all nice (ok,
VEEERRRRRY NICE
) but the Deluxe was by far the coolest thing for me. I don't have a guitar amp right now, and I've been looking for something practical but with first class tone, and the Deluxe has it in spades.

The variation in tone this amp is capable of by switching pickups and adjusting the volume on the Strat is like nothing I've ever played before. Kindness has me almost ready to build one myself.

To top the evening off, we stopped in front of
The Chicago Music Exchange
and ogled the over-abundance of really cool gear through the front window. That's the kind of place that inspires GAS beyond all imagination.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to Kindness and Brother Mango, and I look forward to my next trip to Chicago!

:thu:

I was glad to have come to hang out & meet you. Get back to Chicago ASAP!!

Archived