Kindness to the 2Tek colored courtesy phone please!

willsellout

• Members

So explain to me the sound of the Hamer Cruisebass? It's basically between the Cruisebass and an Ibanez ATK. I need something that can be versatile but can get "in your face" if I want it to. They are both within my price range and will eventually own both, but for now just one must be purchased!

Thanks man!

Dan

• Members

It played really nice, but that's due to the kick ass set up. I thought it sounded really nice, the fretless one I tried. ANd, the build quality is top notch. He was showing me how one of the Hamers lacks low end, compared to the other two. I don't know. Let him talk about it. lol

But, yeah, I definitely dig them. I was watching one on ebay. It just ended for $640 or so, for a 96 Cruise 4.

• Members

They do have a nice Jazz tone, but the 2Tek adds some piano-like attack and a metallic quality that you won't find on a normal Jazz.

Plus, the build quality is superb.

Yeah the Hamer and the ATK are basses I've been wanting to own for a long time because they are so unique and well priced.

Dan

• Members

It played really nice, but that's due to the kick ass set up. I thought it sounded really nice, the fretless one I tried. ANd, the build quality is top notch. He was showing me how one of the Hamers lacks low end, compared to the other two. I don't know. Let him talk about it. lol

But, yeah, I definitely dig them. I was watching one on ebay. It just ended for $640 or so, for a 96 Cruise 4.

Yeah I was watching that one too:D

Dan

• Moderators

The sound is going to vary depending on the electronics. I've owned them with Seymour Duncan active pickups, Seymour Duncan passive pickups, Aero passive pickups and EMG active pickups and preamp. The EMGs were way too bright/brittle. The SD actives are too smooth to get the aggressive sound you are looking for. Both sets of passive jazz pickups sound like they'd be what you'd want.

Like 82Daion said, the build quality is superb and the bridge seems to emphasize the harmonic content of the notes making it more piano-like.

• Members

If it a 4 string, that is perfect! If it a 5, they are active and might be too smooth for you.

It's a 4 string over at TB. He's asking 575.00 shipped which is a good price from what I can tell. It's a sexy mutha with the white paintjob and tortois PG. I really fell in love with the looks of it because it doesn't look like anything I own currently:D . I trust everyone here that says they are the {censored}, now I just need to make sure they can get the varying sounds I'm looking for.

Dan

• Members

Exactly.

The one you are looking at now Dan looks great. If you don't buy it, I might.

Gotcha, thanks..I didn't want to make a bad purchase. I sent a PM to the guy asking if he still has it, payment methods etc. I think I will be seeing this one in my stable. If I don't I will let you know via PM. BTW how many of these do you own now:D?

Dan

• Members

I have 3 5-stringers (BEADG, EADGC and BEADG fretless), no 4 stringers. I bought one on eBay in 2001 that was killed in shipping. I haven't had the heart to try again since then.

I'd love to try one of the 5's...the string spacing is perfect but the Streamer fits me perfectly right now and I really just want a 4 string that can go a bit farther than the SB2 can tonewise. Although I was playing the SB2 today and my god do I love that bass:love:

You'd be smart to pick one up:D

Dan

Archived