Possible New Mesa Cab Setup!

RSBro

• Members

Sure you do! You can use them all of their own, each separately, or mix & match! Personally, I'd rock the 210 + 115 together, and the 212 on it's own...

Well considering the price, it really is tough to pass up... I doubt I'll be able to do it. :) And yeah the mix and match should be awesome.

I'll probably use the 210+212 the most as I think the 212+115 would be a tad dark, but depending on the gig would be awesome.

And actually, the Mesa can do the 2.67 IIRC... MMM, tasty! ;)

• Members

Well...you can always try them out and sell anything you don't want. Are they RR by any chance?

I almost grabbed a PH 1000 RR cab from Ebay the other day, but the guy never got back to me. I asked him if the cab was 4 or 8 ohms...and he said it was both...switchable to whatever I wanted. I know that's not right, so I asked him for more info...but he didn't answer. It was an almost new 07' model for $800! Good price considering they go for like $1700 or so new.

I just realized...I've been sigged! COOL!!! :)

• Moderators

I almost grabbed a PH 1000 RR cab from Ebay the other day, but the guy never got back to me. I asked him if the cab was 4 or 8 ohms...and he said it was both...switchable to whatever I wanted. I know that's not right, so I asked him for more info...but he didn't answer. It was an almost new 07' model for $800! Good price considering they go for like $1700 or so new.

He's either an idiot, a scammer, or had two cabinets (one 4 ohms, one 8 ohms) and would sell you either.

• Members

He's either an idiot, a scammer, or had two cabinets (one 4 ohms, one 8 ohms) and would sell you either.

I'm going with idiot. He did have 2, but they were exactly the same...he sent me pics of the back, and they both had the same number (4 or 8) written near the jack, but I couldn't make it out. Looked like 4, but I wasn't buying that behemoth without knowing positively.

I kinda explained that it was impossible to be able to change the resistance of speakers like that, so maybe he thought I was too smart for him (because he was a scammer) and that's why he never got back to me. His feedback was ok though...

• Members

What happens w/ those is they just copy and paste from the description on the Mesa setup, which says you can order it in 4 or 8 ohms.

That being said, he may be right, as with my old Diesel 215 w/ EVs, you could run each 15" individually @ 8 ohms, or together @ 4 ohms. Considering the driver setup, I don't see that being too far of a stretch for 1000 cab, and run the 4 10's at 8 ohms and the 15 at 8 ohms individually, and a differing signal to each if you want, or all 5 together @ 4 ohms.

Archived