Genz Benz Content

Oldtimer

• Members

why/how do you need both the GBE and the WW?

I don't! I didn't need another amp at all. I've been using one of two Walter Woods amps for the last 25+ years. I wanted to see and hear what at the fuss was about re: Genz Benz. Also, I wanted to go against conventional wisdom and get something heavier, now that I'm older:eek:!

• Members
I know its been said before, but goddamn I want that rig of yours...2 212's stacked sideways
:love:

Yes, that is a KILLER rig. I will put that up against ANY 810 ANYDAY! 12's aren't quite as punchy as 10's, but WOW are they crystal clear. it's rare to hear every single note that you play in a full band setting, but I can. :thu:

• Members
I don't! I didn't need another amp at all. I've been using one of two Walter Woods amps for the last 25+ years. I wanted to see and hear what at the fuss was about re: Genz Benz. Also, I wanted to go against conventional wisdom and get something heavier, now that I'm older:eek:!

Smart man. Now do you want me to write your Ebay item description for the WW now or later? :lol:

• Members

Smart man. Now do you want me to write your Ebay item description for the WW now or later?
:lol:

It's way early for me to even compare the two. I'm still tweaking knobs on the Genz. I can tell you that the Woods will not be going away. The Genz pros so far: Tube channel grit. Woods pros: 2 separate channels. I have a fretless plugged in and EQ'd on 1 channel. Fretted on the other. Makes changing basses onstage 'tween tunes quick and easy. Not sure how I'm going to do that with the Genz. Also, the Woods has variable mids. The Genz is fixed at 3 positions cut/boost. That's not necessarily a con though. I think I can get any EQ I'm looking for out of either. Not nearly enough time on the Genz yet to be comparing fairly. Either one has way more power than I need, but good clean headroom=Good!:p BTW, with either I drive a SWR Goliath or Avatar B212, or both.

• Members
It's way early for me to even compare the two. I'm still tweaking knobs on the Genz. I can tell you that the Woods will not be going away. The Genz pros so far: Tube channel grit. Woods pros: 2 separate channels. I have a fretless plugged in and EQ'd on 1 channel. Fretted on the other. Makes changing basses onstage 'tween tunes quick and easy. Not sure how I'm going to do that with the Genz. Also, the Woods has variable mids. The Genz is fixed at 3 positions cut/boost. That's not necessarily a con though. I think I can get any EQ I'm looking for out of either. Not nearly enough time on the Genz yet to be comparing fairly. Either one has way more power than I need, but good clean headroom=Good!
:p
BTW, with either I drive a SWR Goliath or Avatar B212, or both.

Obviously I am just giving you a hard time. Everyone has there own taste. If there were just one definitive "best bass tone" we would all be playing the same gear. How boring would that be? Sounds like you are in search of your OWN tone. So have fun! :cool:

Archived