bass jamming thru the POD X3

book_of_lies777

• Members

well, I do my own recording at home, so I needed a way to do basslines... I am disabled, so an actual gigging band situation is not possible. I have been playing guitar for about 6 years total.

You're from around here? I've only lived here for 5 years...

I'm not from there. I actually grew up in southern California but I'm in the Coast Guard and was stationed there for a few years.

In what way are you disabled if you don't mind me asking? I remember seeing a hardcore band a few years back and the guitar player was in a wheelchair. I remember asking him about how it happenned and he said it was a car wreck with a Drunk..really sucked but he was a cool guy and the guy could play. He did have to screw with the wheelchair though. I think his stage chair had one side cut out so he could play comfortably. It was cool to watch.

Dan

• Members

I'm not from there. I actually grew up in southern California but I'm in the Coast Guard and was stationed there for a few years.

In what way are you disabled if you don't mind me asking? I remember seeing a hardcore band a few years back and the guitar player was in a wheelchair. I remember asking him about how it happenned and he said it was a car wreck with a Drunk..really sucked but he was a cool guy and the guy could play. He did have to screw with the wheelchair though. I think his stage chair had one side cut out so he could play comfortably. It was cool to watch.

Dan

I had to have anterior-posterior spinal fusion surgeries on my L4-L5-S1 vertebrae. Basically, they went in thru my stomach and scraped out the remains of three ruptured discs, and put these metal spacer things in there. Then, 3 days later, they went in thru my back and made sure all the disc material was gone, transplanted bone tissue from my hip into the spaces between my vertebrae, then attached this big cage thing that holds it all together with these gigantic Home Depot-looking screws! It's pretty gruesome looking in the X-rays... That was 2 1/2 years ago and I still walk with a cane. I can't stand or even sit up for very long, so I actually spend probably half of every day in bed.

I do what I can with my music to keep from going crazy... well, that's the plan anyways! LOL :lol:

Archived