Stupid house!

Crescent Seven

• Members

I {censored}ing hate my house.

I'm putting new baseboards in my kitchen, and there was conduit running along the outside of the wall with phone line in it. I had to take the conduit off the wall to get the new baseboards on, and since I had it down, I decided to cut the phone line off, because it was running to a jack that we never use because it cuts out intermittently.

Well. Some genius decided to run the main {censored}ing phone line to the house outside the wall in my kitchen, and I cut it. Flush with the wall. It came out of the wall, ran along the wall for about 15 feet in some conduit, and into a phone jack.

Who the {censored} wires {censored} like that? Now none of the phone jacks in my house work. I figured it was just another {censored}ty addition that the previous owner (Capt. Ineptitude) installed himself, and he couldn't be bothered with doing the job right.

Thankfully I have cable internet and a cell phone, but I also have cable telephone. I called Comcast and they said they had no idea what to do about it. At least Qwest has contractors.:mad:

C7

• Members

We had an Electrican and a plasterer come out to install our new kitchen, he just cut off the kitchen phone line, didn't terminate it or anything, just left the bare end hanging in the cavity.. Then plastered over it..

Ever since all my guitar amps buzz like crazy, only half the phone lines in the house work and the others are noisy as {censored}..

Seriously, I'm no electrician, but I know you don't just snip a wire and leave it hanging there.. Jesus..

Archived