DR Lo-Riders

Mytola

• Members

I just put a set of new DR Lo-Riders on my Attitude. I've always used Rotosound RS66 on it, but I think I'm going to stick with these. They feel better in my hands, and they sound just as nice, if not a bit nicer than fresh Rotos. People say that they last a LOT longer too, so if that turns out to be corrected, I'm entirely sold. Rotos die QUICKLY... They sound and feel a bit beefier, which probably is partly down to thicker gauge. These are EH-50's (50-70-90-110), and the Rotos I used were 43-65-85-110. Special thanks to guitargod0dmw for reccomending these a while back! I owe you one! :thu:

• Members

I strung my Fender 24 (5 string) with DR "Bootzilla's"...interesting strings, not tapered, the sheen of them (if thats the right word) looks...well...like you can tell they're coated, thats the only bad thing i can really say so far, good bottom with the top end being clear and concise, not peircing as some SS strings tend to be, playing them you get that quailty of sound that these mordern Gospel bassist use...great slap sound with the deeper deadnote clicks and clacks.

I can eq them to get brite...but it's different, you'd have to hear it. Harmonically subdued maybe?

As an aside for the "Lakland" DR strings, a rep for them i talked to at a show said they're bringing them back.

• Members

I love Lo-Riders. The first set I had lasted 3-4 months, I used to change strings every 3-4 WEEKS. Lo-Riders have some great growl to them. I can't compare them to other DR strings because I don't even want to try anything else. Hope you like 'em as much as I do.

Archived