Ibanez ATK300

bohemoth

• Members

I don't really play bass much, mostly a guitar player, but I play bass in a band right now (listen to the link in my sig), and I want to buy a bass. I play a p-bass that belongs to the guitarist right now, but I want something of my own. I love the musicman stingray, but I can't afford it, so I was looking at the Ibanez ATK300. I played one of the reissues in guitar center the other day and i love how it plays and sounds, how do the older ones compare, as thats what I'm looking for. I've heard about the circuit boards burning out? how common is this? and anyone got one for sale?

PS. got a 77 fender musicmaster for $20 this weekend

• Members

I didn't buy a Stingray last year because I couldn't afford it, and got an Ibanez instead. I then got a Stingray this year, traded in the Ibby for it, and am down $100 for that. My advice? Save up until you can afford the Stingray, because if that's what you love, you won't be happy until you have it.

• Members

I LOVE my Japanese '96 ATK300. HIGHLY recommended. the new ones dont even compare. They feel cheap and lower end than the older ones.

Ibanez tends to make the introduction of a model a higher level of quality than pricepoint to gauge the interest, then lowers the quality to match the prices later on down the road. The ATK is no exception.

Archived