Gonna be in Milwaukee this Fri & Sat

T. Alan Smith

• Members

+1 for Wades on North Oakland Avenue. $1050 Rics, and they will sometimes have some cool vintage stuff come through. Maybe 10 or so basses in stock. Not many amps at all.

Rockhaus is an interesting little shop also. They are on West Forest Home Avenue. They are a G&L Tribute, Burns, and Phil Jones dealer. Like Wades, they don't carry a whole lotta Bass stock. About 15 basses in stock. But they also often put together instruments made from spare parts. They tend to have a fair mix of new and used gear (for a really small shop). As for their new stuff, they don't tend to carry a lot of things you can find at a GC. Last I was there, they had a WishBass on consignment. :freak:

Cream City Music on West Bluemound Road. They deal with a lot of vintage instruments and amps... especially if it's a Fender. They are also a Gretsch and an Eden dealer. I think I've seen anywhere from 15-25 basses in stock (IIRC).

As for the big places... Guitar Center on West Bluemound Road (in Waukesha) carries MarkBass. As for basses, mostly Fender, Schecter, Yamaha, Ibanez, and MusicMan basses.

And Interstate Music (formerly known as Cascio Music) on West National Avenue (in New Berlin) is OK. Nothing too out of the ordinary there. But it's probably the largest selection of Basses in the area. Mostly Fender, Ibanez, Warwick, and Yamaha basses. Their amp selection is pure crap cause they don't carry a lot of bass amp stock at all. Mostly Ampeg, SWR, Hartke and Mesa. Maybe 8 heads altogether. Although, they did have a Genz in their clearance room last I was there.

• Members

If you're going to take a brewery tour...
is probably the best. Don't even bother with a Miller tour.

Everyone I know that has ever taken a tour of Lakefront said it was the best tour they've been on.

I loved the Miller tour. 3 fresh 12 oz samples. I thought it was great.

TAS- you could check out North Coast Music. There up there somewhere. Just south of Milwaukee IIRC. Rics, Gretsch, Vox.

Archived