Chicagoites: please inform me.

el_duderino676

• Members

Ok, so a few friends and I may be taking a roadtrip up to that neck of the woods right after the first of January. I've never been, and the other two said they wouldn't mind paying another visit up that way.

My question to you is, what is there to experience other than the usual tourist stuff? I don't know what days we'll be up there yet, but it will be sometime between the first and the beginning of the spring semester.

• Moderators

Ok, so a few friends and I may be taking a roadtrip up to that neck of the woods right after the first of January. I've never been, and the other two said they wouldn't mind paying another visit up that way.

My question to you is, what is there to experience other than the usual tourist stuff? I don't know what days we'll be up there yet, but it will be sometime between the first and the beginning of the spring semester.

What are you interested in other than the usual tourist stuff? There is more to do than can be listed. Give us some idea of what you are looking to do.

• Members

What are you interested in other than the usual tourist stuff? There is more to do than can be listed. Give us some idea of what you are looking to do.

I'd love to see some good music; the "scene" around here isn't the greatest right now.

I'll only be 20 when this happens, so bars are out of the question.

What are some cool places to just hang out and enjoy the culture?

• Moderators

I'd love to see some good music; the "scene" around here isn't the greatest right now.

I'll only be 20 when this happens, so bars are out of the question.

What are some cool places to just hang out and enjoy the culture?

My house.

But seriously, let me know when you know what dates you're around and I'll help you figure out some stuff to do. There are plenty of all ages shows in town where you can catch some music.

• Members

You sure? My guess is that week one of the NFL playoffs won't be terribly fun in Chicago
:D

We already see that week coming. :p So, right now is the time to make plans for that week: go to Navy Pier, visit the Lakland factory, plan another super-fantastic Chicago GTG, have dinner at Las Tablas ...

No reason to be unhappy that week, unless you're Lovie Smith, et. al.

• Members
We already see that week coming.
:p
So, right now is the time to make plans for that week: go to Navy Pier, visit the Lakland factory, plan another super-fantastic Chicago GTG, have dinner at Las Tablas ...

No reason to be unhappy that week, unless you're Lovie Smith,
et. al.

Just looked up Navy Pier, looks like a fun place to go. :thu:

Archived