I need info on my Tobias Growler 5

YoungBassist

• Members

I just bought a used Tobias Growler 5 for $650 at a local guitar shop and I want to know around what year it is. The serial #4061. So if anyone can give me some info. on it I would appreciate it. I know the body is Swamp Ash but I want to know what the neck is. I know its maple/something/maple but thats it. I don't know what the fingerboard is either. I've heard that it might be wenge or Pau Ferro. But not sure. I believe the pickup is a Bartolini Quad Coil and it has two stacked Bass/treble pan pots I believe. A volume and not sure what the other knob is I think its a volume for other side of the pickup and what I believe is two slap switches. The bass is awesome I love it. So thanks for your help!

P.S. Was this bass a good buy? I mean it is in great condition in buzzing,great action, pickups and electronics sound great. To top it all off I looks great only a few minor scratches on the Body! Thank You!

• Members

I just bought a used Tobias Growler 5 for $650 at a local guitar shop and I want to know around what year it is. The serial #4061. So if anyone can give me some info. on it I would appreciate it. I know the body is Swamp Ash but I want to know what the neck is. I know its maple/something/maple but thats it. I don't know what the fingerboard is either. I've heard that it might be wenge or Pau Ferro. But not sure. I believe the pickup is a Bartolini Quad Coil and it has two stacked Bass/treble pan pots I believe. A volume and not sure what the other knob is I think its a volume for other side of the pickup and what I believe is two slap switches. The bass is awesome I love it. So thanks for your help!

P.S. Was this bass a good buy? I mean it is in great condition in buzzing,great action, pickups and electronics sound great. To top it all off I looks great only a few minor scratches on the Body! Thank You!

pics would help, but it sounds like a nice bass

Archived