Help? Where do I go next in my vocal career

• Members

I'd like to think that the truly talented will prevail people and after awhile, people'll realize who's hiding behind their own devices, and who can bring the rock, raw, and maybe things'll change a bit for the better.

Then again, I'm a naive little boy. :(

• Members

Britney Spears is on tour in the UK right now.....according to the Radio, only one song in the set is live...partly because the dance routines are priority, and partly because "she is tired".

WTF?

They might as well get a look alike and she can stay home....it's utterly lame.

Honestly....she saddens me....i loved her music and am still a bit obsessed...i just wish she would try harder....

• Members

I'm up for it. how a i get a clip "76mb" online for others to hear. I dont have a wav to mp3 converter. Keep a eye out for this thread to come back around.

An excellent wav-mp3 converter is Audacity and LAME. Both are free.

Audacity is used to open the files, but you need the LAME encoder installed to convert them.

Audacity:http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

LAME Encoder: http://lame.sourceforge.net/

• Members

If he didn't explain what he was doing, I'd simply view this as being more moving between falsetto and head voice. The resonance advice is very good though.

Jersey Jack's advice was good, check out Melissa Cross. Not that I've seen too much of her stuff, I know that screaming and growls helped me develop raspier singing when my voice is naturally clean and smooth.

But don't try to shape your tone, sing first, record a lot, keep listening back and critiquing, and your tone will naturally develop.

• Members

I agree with finding the nasal resonance in the video you posted (which is way too nasal/pinched if you will), but beware of the "pharyngeal muscles contracting" comment. It sounds to me like he's refering to the swallowing muscles pulling the larynx upward, which is the last thing you want to do! Besides that is un unsupported, hence disconnected tone, even with the nasal resonance. Thing are better explained as happening "in the mask" as opposed to just the nose and pinched, as he's doing there.That guy IS singing almost all in falsetto; Nick needs to listen to this.LOL

Archived