Just saw From the Jam last night...

Vic Stringfield

• Members

and I have to say in my humble opinion that Bruce Foxton is one of the best bass players alive today. I seriously think it was the best show I have ever seen. The Jam is one of my all time favorite bands and I never thought I would be able to see them. I didn't catch the man's name who took over Paul Weller's duties but he was pretty amazing as well. I didn't think there would be anyone who could fill his shoes but he did as good of a job and anyone on the planet could have. It was at the El Rey theater in LA. I am still reeling from the show last night.

Hugh Cromwell from the Stranglers opened up. He had an amazing set. He had a younger girl playing bass and she killed it as well.

I know everyone has their favorites and has that feeling after seeing a band play live that really look up to. The only thing i am bummed about is i forgot my camera. i am kicking myself this morning for that blunder.

• Members

Wow, that's good to hear. I am a huge fan of The Jam, and quite honestly I really didn't think much of this in theory - what with no Paul Weller and all. But I agree about Foxton - always loved his playing/tone. "Dig the New Breed" is one of my all-time favorite albums. I'm glad this tour is good, I might have to look further into this. (boy, Rick looks older though, don't he?).

Love this pic from the new tour:ss5_sml.jpg

But.....what no Rickenbacker?

• Members

yeah, he played a P-bass the whole time with exception of Start which he played a semi-hollow. He and Rick are looking pretty old but they did sound great. they also had a second guitarist that played a tele and then played the keyboard on other songs like town called malice. if you have a chance to see the show i would say it is well worth it.

Archived