OT: NIPD (New Insulin Pump Day)

JacieFB

• Members

I got the Medtronic MiniMed Paradigm.

The actual process started back in the fall. I received it in mid-December, shipped it back in early January to get the smaller model, and got it 2 days later. After online training, CD-Rom training program, pump demo (with saline solution back in August, I think it was), in-person pump training last Thursday with the educators, I FINALLY got hooked up yestered.

So far so good. They are really being a bit too modest with some of my delivery rates (I suppose not wanting to get my in over my head?) which kept me up last night. Over all, though, I'm very pleased to have my insulin with me at all times. It is nice to have to trade 4~6+ injections per day for 1 infusion stick every three days.

Within a couple of months, we will start the begging and pleading with the insurance company to be able to get Continuous Glucose Monitoring.

To all of you that offered advice, asked your friends, spoke about personal or your friends' personal experiences - Mrs. Svi and others - Thank you so much! :thu:

• Members

To all of you that offered advice, asked your friends, spoke about personal or your friends' personal experiences - Mrs. Svi and others - Thank you so much!
:thu:

No problem.

Glad it's working out for you. Hope it goes well for you!

Archived