need advice on epif ul410

90fenderj5

• Members

I recently bought an Epifani ul410 cabinet off ebay.The guy said it was 4 or 8 ohms.I was thinking of buying an eden wt800 amp but it only bridges into 8 ohms.If anyone can tell me if this combination will work without any problems.Please help before I buy this amp!!!

• Members

Call or send an email to Nick and see if he could tell you which rating that cabs is. Maybe he could find that from the serial number...

edit: also the ohm rating should be written on the cab somewhere, most likely on the s/n plate.

• Members

If you get a WT800, make sure it's a B model.

You will have plenty of power with a WT800B, even if you only use one output channel.

Per the manual:

The WT800B delivers 300 watts RMS output @ 8 Ohms, 440 watts @ 4

Ohms and 550 watts @ 2 Ohms (per channel).

In Bridge Mode, it delivers 880 Watts @ 8 Ohms and 1100 Watts @ 4 Ohms.

All modes of operation have +3dB of headroom.

You will need a LOT of cabs to make full use of that much power.

• Members

Thanks for the help.I checked the ad again on ebay and I think the guy used a stock description where it says 4 or 8 ohms.I think you have a choice when buying new.On the picture of the actual cabinet it just says 4 ohm.Now 1 more question.Can you run two 4 ohm cabinets on that same amp(1 on each side)?Thanks for the info!!

• Members

If it's a WT800B, no problem running a 4 ohm cab on each side or even a 2 ohm load on each side (non-bridged).

Bridged, you only have a single output (no sides).

I don't have the manual for the WT800(A) or C.

Again, this is a monster amp.:eek:

Don't get closer than 20-30 feet to the cabs with it dimed unless you want your ears ringing for a very long time.

I haven't played in 2 weeks and my ears are still ringing.:mad:

Archived