Bass Overdrive Crossover Frequency Suggestions, anyone?

Phantasm

• Members

Okay, so as we all know the biggest problem with overdrive/distortion/insert guitar effect here is that on bass, the lows end up getting lost.

So enter a schematic for an overdrive pedal that I found that allows you to calculate a crossover point with a resister/capacitor network that sets a crossover point for the effect. Everything below is relatively untouched and everything above will feed back and be overdriven much more easily.

I looked and the standard frequency on the schematic is around 175hz as the crossover frequency. From anyone who has experience, is this a good frequency or would something perhaps a little higher be more advantageous in your opinion?

I am also thinking about using a pot to raise/lower the resister value and alter the crossover point in the pedal. I would hate to do that though if I find one specific frequency and always put it there, it would be better to just build it into the pedal!

So what about it, anyone got experience with this one?

• Members

I did some expreiments with a crossover when I was working out how to do the filters in the ParaLooper. You can probably find some clips somewhere in this thread...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1879097

175Hz is probably not a bad spot, but you might want to make it adjustable for more versatility.

~ Charlie

• Members

I did some expreiments with a crossover when I was working out how to do the filters in the ParaLooper. You can probably find some clips somewhere in this thread...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1879097

175Hz is probably not a bad spot, but you might want to make it adjustable for more versatility.

~ Charlie

Or just get the paralooper. :poke:

:thu:

Archived