Hand Ball Therapy

LoC

• Members

Okay, so I have had tendinitis in both hands quit badly for the past year or two and was just starting to really be able to play again when I took it too far and my hands got terrible again. So after icing and adviling (intermittently of course for the stomach's sake) for several months without the kind of success I want, I'm contemplating about buying hand therapy balls: http://www.nextag.com/therapy-hand-ball/search-html

Any success, or suggestions?

FAQ:

1) No, my technique is probably not the problem as I am consciously aware of trying to not be uncomfortable. Though I did where it very low slung and now there had definitely been some damage attributed to this I know for a fact that it is just playing so damn much that did it.

3) Yes. I where my bass properly now modeled after Victor Wooten.

2) Yes. I played for hours (literally) on end after just picking up the instrument a little over three years ago without any proper training to condition my hands.

• Members

Bummer.

I have never had that kind of trouble with just playing so much, so I am not an expert. when I first got a guitar a long time ago, I would play for hours upon hours, but then again I was 10 or 11 when I picked up the guitar, so I was still made of rubber.

Have you tried stretching, I know there are some that you can do that stretch out the muscles and tendons in your hands. Look them up on web MD. This is my recommendation.

Or if it does not get any better, get physical therapy.

Just know, the little things that you may not notice that you are/were doing can cause harm over time. Just like typing on a keyboard, the slightest things that don't even matter to you at the moment, over time can be very sever, and can really mess your hands up.

EDIT: Actually realizing that it was 1 or 2 years, and not months, maybe you should go get therapy, seriously

Archived