ABY with volume controls?

Mytola

• Members

I've been looking for an ABY-box with individual vol. controls for both outputs now, and have seen a couple of websites, loopmaster.com and looper.com. I've sendt them both emails about it, and loopmaster won't do it. Haven't recieved any reply from looper.com yet.

Now, does anyone know of any other alternatives? I could really use a pedal like this for my pedalboard.

• Members

Loooper has been out of business for over 2 years. It's the first thing you see when you arrive on the site.

Loopmaster only does passive boxes so they won't do it.

There are dozens of A/B box builders but few make output controls stock because most of the time it's useless, since the vast majority of preamps and pedals have a gain control at their input.

Nobels make one.

ab-1_300.gif

And of course, Behringer made a copy of it.

AB100.jpg

In both cases though it's an AB, not ABY box. You can't use both outputs at once. A small mixer would probably be better for this.

Most custom builders will be able to make one for you. Barge Concepts, Wobo, Monkey FX...

• Members

I had one custom done by a brother on Talkbass for on teh cheap, and works like a champ (custom splitter box at least).

Same concept as the Loooper's, which sadly to say, will be gone for the indefinite future... Shame too. Dave built great stuff.

• Members

Do you remember who that was? Do you think he would mind doing one for me?
:)

Sure do, and I'll see if I can get ahold of him.

Mine is an A/B/off-on with passive volume/level controls for both the A and B splits.

I use my modulation (chorus, delay, phaser) in the A and my drive (EQ and TS9DX) in the other, and can adjust the FX to how I want, and then bring up or down the desired levels from those into the mix.

Similar to the LS-2 design, but I don't have to choose one or the other (signal path I mean).

Archived