OT: Restaurant health inspections

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

Hey, if as long as it's not an F, it probably wont kill you ;)

I remember when I worked at a fast food restaurant (Wendy's) a guy "claiming" to work for that county's health inspection office used to come in every now and then. He seemed like a real OCD germaphobe....

Anyway, he sees me take out some garbage, and then proceed to wash some trays with some bleach and cleaner WITHOUT washing my hands first.....

Ok, so proper etiquette probably dictates that I wash my hands with soap and water, but I'm washing trays WITH BLEACH, so I didnt....

Anyway, he FLIPS out and starts screaming at me about not washing my hands, and then he asks for the manager and starts threatening to tell the health inspector and have us shut down.

The manager pretty much laughed in his face and told me not to worry about anything. hahahah

I never saw him again.

• Members

Hey, if as long as it's not an F, it probably wont kill you
;)

I remember when I worked at a fast food restaurant (Wendy's) a guy "claiming" to work for that county's health inspection office used to come in every now and then. He seemed like a real OCD germaphobe....

Anyway, he sees me take out some garbage, and then proceed to wash some trays with some bleach and cleaner WITHOUT washing my hands first.....

Ok, so proper etiquette probably dictates that I wash my hands with soap and water, but I'm washing trays WITH BLEACH, so I didnt....

Anyway, he FLIPS out and starts screaming at me about not washing my hands, and then he asks for the manager and starts threatening to tell the health inspector and have us shut down.

The manager pretty much laughed in his face and told me not to worry about anything. hahahah

I never saw him again.

That is the dumbest thing I have heard today. I think I would have just held up the bottle of bleach and pointed to the water and told him to shut the F**k up.

• Members

That is the dumbest thing I have heard today. I think I would have just held up the bottle of bleach and pointed to the water and told him to shut the F**k up.

I wonder what he'd have said if I would have gone to the soapy water filled sink and started doing dishes without washing my hands....

This reminds me of another situation where I do admit I WAS at fault.

Situation:

Lady orders food, I take money, get her fries and some nuggets.

Nugget box tips over, nugget falls onto hot station counter.

no big deal in and of itself, but instead of using the tongs, I, without thinking, grabbed it with my fingers and put it back in the box.

Lady FLIPS. cusses me out for handling filthy money, and then her food.

I apologize, fix the problem, and she walks straight to her table and starts eating.

Without washing her hands.

After giving me the money she just claimed was dirty.

I laughed inside, and secretely wanted to go point out the obvious irony to her.

So the money is only diry on MY side of the counter?

Like I said, I was wrong to have touched her food, but seriously......

• Members

I wonder what he'd have said if I would have gone to the soapy water filled sink and started doing dishes without washing my hands....

This reminds me of another situation where I do admit I WAS at fault.

Situation:

Lady orders food, I take money, get her fries and some nuggets.

Nugget box tips over, nugget falls onto hot station counter.

no big deal in and of itself, but instead of using the tongs, I, without thinking, grabbed it with my fingers and put it back in the box.

Lady FLIPS. cusses me out for handling filthy money, and then her food.

I apologize, fix the problem, and she walks straight to her table and starts eating.

Without washing her hands.

After giving me the money she just claimed was dirty.

I laughed inside, and secretely wanted to go point out the obvious irony to her.

So the money is only diry on MY side of the counter?

Like I said, I was wrong to have touched her food, but seriously......

It's a "My dirt's okay, yours is not" issue...

:D

• Members

I worked at a bagel shop in high school that were always in the 50-60% range. They always got points off for things like storing food next to cleaning products, display refrigerators that were not cold enough, dirt on the floors. Once I dropped a whole tray of bagels that just came out of the oven on the floor. My boss was standing right there as I began to toss them in the trash can. She stopped me and told me to pick them off the floor and put them all in the basket to sell. No wonder the place closed down with in a few years.

• Members

When I rinse things with bleach I'm pretty sure I don't douse my hands in it first.

• Members

Here they do ratings on a scale up to 100. If it drops below 70, the place gets shut down. You can peruse all restaurants in the county and see what their last inspect (every 6 months) was.

It can be useful, a place I went to a few times I had a bad feeling about: lo and behold, they got a 73! .. had fruit flies found in the rice and other bad stuff (sushi temp was 50deg instead of 41).

Some places surprise you. Look dingy and have a 98 or 100 even.

Thusly..

Archived