Finally got a working rig... (blogish)

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

So after slaving through a rig that didn't really work, I finally decided to make a working (more or less, as you will see) micro rig.

It is an ashdown superfly (2x250 @ 4 ohms) and an avatar 1x12 (eventually another will be added).

It sounds awesome, but the thing is it takes a WHILE for it to turn on. I don't know what the fudge is up with this thing, but this morning was the first time that I got to run it all together, and the fecking thing would not turn on for the longest time.

Luckily I got the 1 year waranty, but does anybody ever experience anything like this? Simple problem? Common problem with Ashdown Superflys?

BTW when it turns on, it is friggen amazing, and sounds like the tone I dream of.:thu:

• Members

So after slaving through a rig that didn't really work, I finally decided to make a working (more or less, as you will see) micro rig.

It is an ashdown superfly (2x250 @ 4 ohms) and an avatar 1x12 (eventually another will be added).

It sounds awesome, but the thing is it takes a WHILE for it to turn on. I don't know what the fudge is up with this thing, but this morning was the first time that I got to run it all together, and the fecking thing would not turn on for the longest time.

Luckily I got the 1 year waranty, but does anybody ever experience anything like this? Simple problem? Common problem with Ashdown Superflys?

BTW when it turns on, it is friggen amazing, and sounds like the tone I dream of.
:thu:

how long are we talking here ? 10 seconds? 2 minutes? :)

it should take a sec or two to come up because of software loading,etc... but any longer than that and i would say it might be wise to take advantage of the warranty. :thu:

• Members

how long are we talking here ? 10 seconds? 2 minutes?
:)
it should take a sec or two to come up because of software loading,etc... but any longer than that and i would say it might be wise to take advantage of the warranty.
:thu:

Like a solid 2-5 minutes and that is just until it comes on, then when its on it takes about 3 seconds to load the software.

I noticed that when I turn it off, the light stays on and slowly (I mean for about 10-20 seconds) dims and finally turns off.

Definitely using the warranty right away.

• Members

Like a solid 2-5 minutes and that is just until it comes on, then when its on it takes about 3 seconds to load the software.

I noticed that when I turn it off, the light stays on and slowly (I mean for about 10-20 seconds) dims and finally turns off.

Yeah, that can't be proper operation - warranty time, here you come...

Please let us know how that turns out - I haven't heard much about Ashdown as far as backing their products - good or bad..

Oh, and good luck with it...

- georgestrings

• Members

yeah dude. i'd give em ashdown a call in the morning.let us know how it goes - i'm interested to hear how they handle it.

good luck mang :thu:

• Members

As an update...

I contacted Ashdown through email, and got a response pretty quick despite the whole time zone differences (they are in England). They said that it is unusual. They pointed me towards a certified repair man, and told me that is how I would get the quickest help on the subject.

But I don't know if I would have to pay for that, being that it is under waranty still. Don't quite know how that works.:confused:

Please give us a full review of the Superfly later. It looks really cool I gotta admit.

http://www.bassplayer.com/article/ashdown-introduces-superfly/Mar-05/7758

As for a review...

It has great tone (IMHO), and I dig the features on it. It is small, but not much smaller than my GK 700 head, its just turned sidways.

It has 2x250 (4 ohms) outputs (they work both as Speakon and 1/4 inch jacks), which I like, but the problem is that it cannot be bridged (in my case not much of a problem). It sounds great with my Avatar 1x12.

It has a slight hum, not much more than a flrescent light would put off.

I am still tinkering with the compression ratio stuff (forgive me for not being knowledgeable) to figure out what it does, and messing with the different EQ settings, and such. Still have not hooked it up to my computer to see what I can do (has a USB output).

But for reliability, at this point I am giving them a 3. I am not being mean, or just going on a rant, but an amp SHOULD turn on when you buy it brand new. Luckily it came with a free 1 year waranty (AMS deal)

On a side note, having an amp that is not fuzzy and terrible sounding is incredible (to me).

• Members

As an update...

I contacted Ashdown through email, and got a response pretty quick despite the whole time zone differences (they are in England). They said that it is unusual. They pointed me towards a certified repair man, and told me that is how I would get the quickest help on the subject.

But I don't know if I would have to pay for that, being that it is under waranty still. Don't quite know how that works.
:confused:

if the guy they sent you to is an authorized repair guy it should just being a matter of calling him,telling him it's under warranty,telling him the problem and him telling you how long it will take him to get to it.

• Members

if the guy they sent you to is an authorized repair guy it should just being a matter of calling him,telling him it's under warranty,telling him the problem and him telling you how long it will take him to get to it.

certified repair techs usually get reimbursed by the manufacturers if they incur any real costs.

• Members

certified repair techs usually get reimbursed by the manufacturers if they incur any real costs.

Oh okay. Funny, I have had warranties on things that I buy, but this is the first time that I have had to deal with using the warranty. :idk:

I actually just stumbled upon something in my email about a 45 day complete refund/exchange (don't have to pay shipping), so back it goes to American Musical.

I am going to give this amp 1 more shot, then I'll have to try to find a different one

Archived