Do i really need 4x12?

LAbass

• Members

i'm wishing for quite long time to try how 4x12 would sound in our rehersal space...i use now 2x4x10 and for gig i take only 1 4x10, but if i buy 4x12 i wouldn't have excuse to take only one 4x10:p

so i have good offer for aguilar gs412 that i think would be quite good match with db359(i think that this cabinet is more efficient than my sunn and kettner 4x10...).

any happy users of this cab here?

• Members

A DB-359 only pumps out 200w...the GS412 is a 1200w cab! That's a rather huge difference...

C'mon Dave, it's 200 tube watts!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:p:D

• Members

A DB-359 only pumps out 200w...the GS412 is a 1200w cab! That's a rather huge difference...

thats right, but it's sensitivity is 101dB(i'm sure tahat sunn and kettnere has for sure much less)...that will help to 359 keeping contact with whole band...as said in other post; i love sound of it but i would need like to have some more HP:)

of course i would love to use it also with my sunn head;)

• Moderators

And you've been around here long enough to know that those numbers have little to no value in determining whether the amp and cabinet would be a good match. :cop:

A 4x12 is a monstrosity, but I like the Aguilar cabinets quite a bit.

• Members

A 4x12 is a monstrosity, but I like the Aguilar cabinets quite a bit.

Have you ever been around one in person? Their footprint is surprisingly small for how big it sounds. More like a 610 than an 810.

• Members

And you've been around here long enough to know that those numbers have little to no value in determining whether the amp and cabinet would be a good match.
:cop:

True...I guess I still have a little old school thought sometimes. I'd like to see them matched up a little better.

• Moderators

True...I guess I still have a little old school thought sometimes. I'd like to see them matched up a little better.

I like to see required volume and available volume matched up to make sure a rig fits a players needs. Those numbers tell you nothing about those characteristics.

• Members

You can have the smaller brother if you want...

I just thought it was cool to have a 400W all tube power amp, like Mesa used to do with some of their stuff, and run a Triaxis or something in front of it. :)

• Members

!$ck.

it was sold few hours ago. it was 2 times on ebay(germany) and i looking at it for about 2 weeks and trying to calm down and not to pull the trigger. before i start this topic i wrote to seller and he just answered me that it is sold...

i guess i succeed on not buying it :poke:

• Members

My hernia tore just a little more when I read that.

The worst I had was a Mesa Diesel 610.... Used it for a gig.

I think was in the 165-ish range. The 810 Road Ready Diesels have GOT to be 220, 225 easy.

• Members

The worst I had was a Mesa Diesel 610.... Used it for
a
gig.

I think was in the 165-ish range. The 810 Road Ready Diesels have GOT to be 220, 225 easy.

I have no idea about the cab in question, but at least the 610 and 810 RR and Diesels have tilt wheels and sliders. Getting my RR 410 up and down stairs makes me want to sob.

• Members

I have no idea about the cab in question, but at least the 610 and 810 RR and Diesels have tilt wheels and sliders. Getting my RR 410 up and down stairs makes me want to sob.

The old ones didn't.... ;) The ones I ever saw in real life, anyhow! I hope some of them did, though... jeebus.

The GS412 is actually very easy to move around for it's size and weight.

Archived