SURPRISE!!!

thelurker

• Members

Sweet, congratulations.

My wife and kids chipped in with a combination Birthday (June 2nd), Father's day, a portion of our economic stimulus check so I could buy a NOS 2003 Fender P Bass in a discontinued Sea Foam/ Sea Pearl color with a rosewood fretboard off of E-Bay. I'm waiting for it to arrive. It shipped Friday. I can't wait.

• Members

:freak:

dang I can't wait to be a dad

Hey, wait a minute!! Don't think for a minute that a new bass even begins to make up for the trials and tribulations of fatherhood!!:lol:

Not to mention the 20 + year hold on a music career of any sort.

I earned every freaking oz. of this bass!! (Not that fatherhood isn't grand:rolleyes:)

• Members

Hey, wait a minute!! Don't think for a minute that a new bass even begins to make up for the trials and tribulations of fatherhood!!
:lol:

I earned every freaking oz. of this bass!! (Not that fatherhood isn't grand:rolleyes:)

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

except i didn't get a bass on fathers day

• Members

Hey, wait a minute!! Don't think for a minute that a new bass even begins to make up for the trials and tribulations of fatherhood!!
:lol:

WOW

are you teaching your kids to be a selfcentered selfish bastard too?

• Members

My 7 yr old made me a card in school. His mom wouldn't drag her lazy ass out of bed to do anything for me. Even after I made her a 3 course breakfast in bed with 2 types of fresh juice and coffee for Mothers Day.
:mad:

Heck, when her highness finally did get up, she sent ME to Tim's for bagels and coffee.

Damn.....

Next year dont do anything for her. When she says something say "hey , you aint my mother!"

lol

• Members

I came home tonight with my oldest son. I let him out of the car before I pull it onto the garage, I come into the house and he's holding...

An Epi T-Bird.

I guess it was a late Father's Day gift, as we were traveling home last week!

MY WIFE AND KIDS ROCK!!!!
:thu:

P.S. - I already rocked that bad chicken!!!

Now that you have had it a few days ....how is it?

• Members

The "After a few days review". The sound is FAT, either pickup by itself is pretty strong, the two together can throw out a massive wave of sound.:thu:

At this point, I need to put a little time into setting it up. The intonation sounds good to the ear, but I'll check it on a tuner just to be sure. The action also needs raised a little bit, I think. When I try to ride the E string, I'm twanging the string off the neck. I'm considering a few starter lessons to make sure I'm not trying to play them too hard when I do this. I've found that I don't have to work as hard to get more sound with less personal effort.

Otherwise, the neck is smooth and straight, the strings are nice and even, no dead spots or fret buzzes (aside from the aforementioned), and it sounds better than I play.:thu:

One last thing, though. IT'S HEAVY!!! Wearing it a little higher seems to help with the neck dive, but I still got sore after about an hour of fiddling around. Lucky for me, I usually play sitting down in my studio.

For me, this was a great gift. I'm happy with the quality, it was on my short list of "reasonable dream basses (cheapest is used T-40, highest is Geddy Lee sig)", and is more than enough bass for my current needs. I am enjoying it immensely!:D

• Members

The "After a few days review". The sound is FAT, either pickup by itself is pretty strong, the two together can throw out a massive wave of sound.

At this point, I need to put a little time into setting it up. The intonation sounds good to the ear, but I'll check it on a tuner just to be sure. The action also needs raised a little bit, I think. When I try to ride the E string, I'm twanging the string off the neck. I'm considering a few starter lessons to make sure I'm not trying to play them too hard when I do this. I've found that I don't have to work as hard to get more sound with less personal effort.

Otherwise, the neck is smooth and straight, the strings are nice and even, no dead spots or fret buzzes (aside from the aforementioned), and it sounds better than I play.

One last thing, though. IT'S HEAVY!!! Wearing it a little higher seems to help with the neck dive, but I still got sore after about an hour of fiddling around. Lucky for me, I usually play sitting down in my studio.

For me, this was a great gift. I'm happy with the quality, it was on my short list of "reasonable dream basses (cheapest is used T-40, highest is Geddy Lee sig)", and is more than enough bass for my current needs. I am enjoying it immensely!
:D

I had the Geddy Lee for a few weeks. While it is a good bass I think you will be happier with the Tbird in the long run....

hows the finish feel to you?

I thought it was a little to plasticky when I played one...

• Members

I had the Geddy Lee for a few weeks. While it is a good bass I think you will be happier with the Tbird in the long run....

hows the finish feel to you?

I thought it was a little to plasticky when I played one...

I'm no expert. I play keyboards as my main instrument, but have been trying to learn bass. It's smooth on the neck, doesn't feel grabby, I haven't noticed it being "plasticky", but don't have much else to compare it to. If you mean that the rest feels pretty thick, like polyurethane, I could certainly see that. Then again, I won't need a coaster with it.:D I imagine that helps keep wear down, but yes, I figure it is a good bit thicker than the finish on a Les Paul, for example. Not sure if that helps or not. One thing I did notice, the fret edges are nice, smooth and uniform, not at all like the Squier (and even MIM Fender) they had. Those seem to have sharp edges here and there, and are rougher in general. Hope that helps!

• Members

My 7 yr old made me a card in school. His mom wouldn't drag her lazy ass out of bed to do anything for me. Even after I made her a 3 course breakfast in bed with 2 types of fresh juice and coffee for Mothers Day.

Heck, when her highness finally did get up, she sent ME to Tim's for bagels and coffee.

Wow. I can't imagine why she wouldn't bother doing anything for you. :rolleyes:

Archived