Aguilar DB series = amazing

seraphim7s

• Members

Recently had a mild windfall, so decided to pick up an Aguilar DB112NT from the Bass Merchant in Colchester, Essex. I highly recommend doing business with them if you're a UKer. I ordered over the phone on Tuesday afternoon, and the cab was delivered Wednesday at 8am!

http://www.aguilaramp.com/products_cabinets_db112.htm

This cab is pretty much my dream cab. 12" drivers just seem to have a great response, it can easily manage all the lows, and the thing just growls beautifully with distortion when I crank the mids on my amp. The output is beautifully even, with no one frequency taking over. It just sounds so warm and full, whenever you tweak the EQ on the amp, you can really hear the difference in the cab.

Oh, and it looks unbelievably cool in boss tweed!

• Members

Recently had a mild windfall, so decided to pick up an Aguilar DB112NT from the Bass Merchant in Colchester, Essex. I highly recommend doing business with them if you're a UKer. I ordered over the phone on Tuesday afternoon, and the cab was delivered Wednesday at 8am!

http://www.aguilaramp.com/products_cabinets_db112.htm

This cab is pretty much my dream cab. 12" drivers just seem to have a great response, it can easily manage all the lows, and the thing just growls
beautifully
with distortion when I crank the mids on my amp. The output is beautifully even, with no one frequency taking over. It just sounds so warm and full, whenever you tweak the EQ on the amp, you can really hear the difference in the cab.

Oh, and it looks unbelievably cool in boss tweed!

You know the rules by now, it don't exist without pics! :cop:

• Members

You know the rules by now, it don't exist without pics!
:cop:

I'll get me bird to take a few pics of the '62 P-bass -> Ashdown ABM -> Aggie DB112NT rig when I get back home.

Oh btw, got an EBS Multicomp on the way as well! :thu:

• Members

Has anyone compared the Aguilar DB112 to the Avatar SB112 perchance?

I'll ask the same question. I had a GS112 that was great... until I played with aband. Lows and sparkle in abundance, put no punch or cut. And this was with an L2500!!! How is the DB different to the GS?

• Members

From what I've read in the past it sounds as if the GS series has more of a scooped modern tone and the DB series is more mid present. Again, this is just stuff i've read over at talkbass, but mostly in passing, i haven't seen a direct comparison of the two, just speculation

• Members

I'll ask the same question. I had a GS112 that was great... until I played with aband. Lows and sparkle in abundance, put no punch or cut. And this was with an L2500!!! How is the DB different to the GS?

I can't imagine not getting punch from the DB112. I'd just love to hear a 2x12 or 4x12 setup - that'd be like getting hit by a train.

Archived