Schecter Stilleto Studio 5

baja85

• Members

I use mine as my main gigging and rehersal bass. Everyone comments on my tone , which is also because of my effects and rig of course , but it plays great. It stays in tune very nicely ( I use it for E-standard 1/2 step down and Drop-D 1/2 step down) and is very comfortable even though it is a little heavy. Very pretty but a little soft so it needs to be babied a bit. Get a good used one and I think you'll be happy with it.

P.S. The low B is very nice. I set the action a little higher and use a .135 and it sounds almost punchy and feels pretty tight.

• Members

The low B on the Schecter 5's is one onf the best there is, period. My Elite 5 is essentially the same bass with a different preamp, but the sound of the B is phenominal. The only bass I've ever heard with a stronger low B is the Reverend Rumblefish, but the Schecter has a better tone for the mix. The Studio 5 is the one to get too. The three band preamp works very well, and the bass sounds much better than the stock Elite 5. It's definitly worth the money, and on top of that they look damn good too!:thu:

• Members

I have the Stiletto Custom 5. I love that thing. The B-String is nice and tight. The sounds I can get out of it are amazing. The fit and finish is beautiful. So since your considering getting the step up over that one then it should be great. Good luck with it if you decide to get it.:thu:

• Members

I love allmost everything about mine tone,looks,sound except that it has a way of the headstock wanting to go towards the floor:confused: maybe its just me though but all in all i love it.

I use a leather padded strap with mine and that is enough to keep it from diving. I think a nylon strap would lend to the neck dive a little. I'm not saying that's what you use but if it is try a leather or suede one for a little extra grip.

• Members

My studio 5 is the go-to bass for recording ideas. The passive EMG pickup/active pre-amp combo has some amazing clarity. On the other hand, it is very "hi-fi," so you have to make sure you're committed to your fretting or else you'll probably capture some fret-buzz in your recordings (especially with the jumbo frets).

I bought mine about 3 years ago when I got back into playing. Figured I'd start out with a 5-string this time, and after trying out some others, I felt this one had a great balance of string-spacing for playing slap, and faster finger-style playing. You can really wail on these basses.

Archived