Set up question

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

So reading through Kindness' setup thread, I came across a question.

I have a Badass II (why did he have to name it that) bridge, and the saddles have no notches...

So at what point should I carve these groves in? I imagine before this process starts?

I know some people mentioned using a "V" shaped groove... yay or nay?

I have heard that cutting grooves are not necessary, but wouldn't that make the action obscenely high?

I imagine that to determine where the grooves would be placed you see where the strings naturally lay when under tension right?

• Moderators

A setup is performed after you have all of your hardware configurations set. When anything changes, you repeat the setup. If you are going to groove the saddles, you setup the bass after the grooves are done. If you aren't, you'll just be lowering the saddles to reach the same setup parameters.

• Members

A setup is performed after you have all of your hardware configurations set. When anything changes, you repeat the setup. If you are going to groove the saddles, you setup the bass after the grooves are done. If you aren't, you'll just be lowering the saddles to reach the same setup parameters.

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you.

Archived