EQ Question

mlwarriner

• Members

If I'm using two combo amps together, and am using the FX send of one amp to feed a signal to the other amp - will the EQ section on the second amp (the one being fed a preamp signal from the first one) still function?

Depends where you connect the incoming signal. I assume you're talking connecting to an FX return or a Power Amp In jack? Some amps might have a pre-EQ FX return, but most wouldn't. I don't think you'd find any amps with Power Amp In jacks pre-EQ. So the answer is most likely not.

• Members

Depends where you connect the incoming signal. I assume you're talking connecting to an FX return or a Power Amp In jack? Some amps might have a pre-EQ FX return, but most wouldn't. I don't think you'd find any amps with Power Amp In jacks pre-EQ. So the answer is most likely not.

signal is going from the FX send on the Trace combo, through a Morley ABY box and then into the FX return on the Trace, as well as the FX return on the fender.

it'll all be done in the FX loops.

• Members

The FX return on the Bassman 250 is post EQ, so the EQ shouldn't do anything when connected the way you describe. The only control that should do anything is the master volume.

hmmm. ok.

i guess i'll do some experimenting on saturday before the gig - to see which way i prefer. i'm not sure whether i want to feed trace signal to both amps, or split the bass signal before it gets to either amp...

Archived