Speaker problem: replacement ?

basste

• Members

Hi all

I was a happy GKier since i discover that the speaker of my 700RB combo start this strange little noise when i play some G, A or B on my E string (i play a 4 strings bass)

This is a very little kind of electric noise (as if you turn slowly a fried pots) which occur 2 or 3 seconds after i play a note, when i let sound it. This noise is really low level compared to the note level. Not really annoying in my playing for the moment. That said, i'm afraid that it could be a near-to-death sign...

So i tried differents things, basses, cables, my amp in another cab, another amp in this speaker, etc.. So i'm pretty sure the problem come from the speaker. I remove the speaker from the combo, and saw it's an Eminence one, build for Gallien Krueger. Can't find any speaker on the Eminence website close to the specifications of mine: 400W under 8 ohms > 96 db

I check out visually the speaker, no break sign, losen cable or so...

So i start to googlize and find that a CELESTION neo BN15-400S could match concerning the specifications, plus low the combo weight for 10 lbs cause neo.

Now questions:

- Could it be a near-to-death sign for my speaker ?

- Does anyone know/have experience with celestion BN15-400S ?

- Another idea for a speaker replacement ?

- had a good day ?

• Members

I know you're in France, but have you considered contacting GK to see if they might be able to help you?

Yes i have: I asked Thomann, which sell replacement speakers for GK cabs and amps: No stock and impossible to have the supplier delay. I asked GK but no reply to my email. Will re-try them.

Thanks guys for replies :cool:

Archived