Geddy Lee sig Jazz bass strings

dudeman1967

• Members

Can anyone tell me what strings come with Geddy Lee sig. Jazz bass from the factory?

I usually play 6 string guitar. It was an X-mas gift from almost three years ago. I don't play the bass much. I wanted one to add some bass tracks to my songs. The stock sound works fine for me.

I'm open to suggestions if there are some different strings worth trying.

Thanks

• Members

Can anyone tell me what strings come with Geddy Lee sig. Jazz bass from the factory?

I usually play 6 string guitar. It was an X-mas from almost three years ago. I don't play the bass much. I wanted one to add some bass tracks to my songs. The stock sound works fine for me.

I'm open to suggestions if there are some different strings worth trying.

Thanks

Depends on what you like, but I really like the GL strung up with some DR Fat Beams. Vurry vurry zingy.

• Members

Fender 7250 mediums, gauges .45-.65-.85-.105.

That's what the Fender web page says, but that is not what is on the MIJ basses. Seriously. The 7250s are a warm, vintagey nickel string with black silk ends. The MIJ basses come with what appears to be stainless steel strings with no silks. They feel a bit like DR Stainless Low Riders, or maybe DR Hi Beams.

They are a mystery Japanese string. I asked what was on my '51 reissue at the Fender Forum, and consensus was no one really knows.

• Members

I just checked and there are no silk ends.

Maybe I'll try the Fender 7250 mediums then.

Anything should be better than a three year old set of strings.

I played it last night for the first time in about 6 months. After a bit of hand cramping I started really enjoying myself and loved what I recorded.

Thanks for any more information and opinions.

Archived