Eden Nemesis NC-250 combo

Gizzyboo

• Members

I have this combo amp. I had a problem with it last year (A capacitor blew and scared the crap out of me). It's been fixed free of charge but now I don't have the same faith in it i once did. Anybody else have any issues with this amp? It was only a little over two years old when it happened and i have to give credit to Eden Electronics for repairing it even though the warranty had run out (about two months past warranty).

• Members

I've used mine on the road for shows for 2 years +, even stored it in a trailer in the Texas sun, never had any issues with it. I rarely ever pushed it, usually half volume or less, which helps. And I did like their customer service, emailed them about an extension cab, and even though I told them I could not afford theirs, they emailed back within an hour to let me know the one I was looking at would work. I always meant to buy a DI box just as a backup, but never bothered to.

• Members

Do a web search on the combo for other reviews to see if there's a pattern. Good chance it was fixed and it's now fine. If you gig out a lot, get a backup amp and keep it in your car. I think this is important regardless of what kind of amp you own. Seen many a blown gigs over amp failure.

Archived