what do people expect???

poomwah

• Members

I posted an ad on craigslist for my cab... Title Carvin 810 Bass Speaker Cabinet.

and then said it was a one year old cabinet, etc etc 400 or best offer.

got an email from someone saying they were very interested. asked for pics, I sent them.

Then they sent an email back pissed off that it was JUST the cabinet and no amp!!!

• Members

oh my god, what is with people.... had another guy offer to trade for a hartke 2000 amp and an xl 115 cabinet. figured I'd get more use out of it. So I tell the guy ok, THEN he sends me an email telling me he expects me to DELIVER the 810. OVER 60 MILES AWAY!!!

• Members

People on craigslist... scratch that, people in general, can be completely and utterly clueless sometimes. Whenever I am in your situation (trying to sell gear, etc), I do my best to be kind and professional throughout, regardless of the ridiculous offers/demands that get made of me. That way, when it inevitably falls through, I know I did my part to stop that from happening, and I was the better person because of it.

• Members

People on craigslist... scratch that, people in general, can be completely and utterly clueless sometimes. Whenever I am in your situation (trying to sell gear, etc), I do my best to be kind and professional throughout, regardless of the ridiculous offers/demands that get made of me. That way, when it inevitably falls through, I know I did my part to stop that from happening, and I was the better person because of it.

am being completely polite and professional. I'm not sure its making me the better person for it, just making me more annoyed... LOL

I just had another guy that was all stoked about it change his mind because he decided not to play bass anymore.

the best part is.. I don't NEED to sell it. I'm just selling it because I don't use it, if it doesn't sell or I don't trade it for something I want, I've still got an awesome cabinet :]

I LOVE being in sales/trade situations like that :]

Archived