I Just Love Biased Reviews of My Band

squish_man24

• Members
Maybe the original poster was looking for a review like they give in guitar and game magazines....one that doesn't really say anything bad about anything and just describes what they saw, in a non-judgmental way so they don't upset anyone.

+1

this was supposed to be a news article talking about what happened at the competition... and the fact that she praises these other bands that didn't get into the finals, and then bashes the band that does... isn't really getting people pumped to go to the finals at all...

We're just going to take this in stride, realizing that she wrote an opinion piece and that not everyone enjoys the same music... I could careless for one, I had a great time on stage, and we move on to the finals, so #@*& her :p

• Members

Maybe the original poster was looking for a review like they give in guitar and game magazines....one that doesn't really say anything bad about anything and just describes what they saw, in a non-judgmental way so they don't upset anyone.

Again, you can give a negative review without trashing a band for no good reason. Perhaps the author of the review is just a {censored}ty writer, who knows? When I read it, it seemed to me like the author had something against the band aside from not enjoying the music.

What I got from her review was that she was trying to make fun of a band, and assumed that her audience would laugh with her at that band. That's not a review, that's just nastiness.

C7

• Members

Again, you can give a negative review without trashing a band for no good reason. Perhaps the author of the review is just a {censored}ty writer, who knows? When I read it, it seemed to me like the author had something against the band aside from not enjoying the music.

What I got from her review was that she was trying to make fun of a band, and assumed that her audience would laugh with her at that band. That's not a review, that's just nastiness.

C7

Also, from the article, it seems like most of of the other bands were of a non-typical genre. Acoustic rock, indie, indie-funk-ska stuff.

• Members

This review is frickin' great.

Print it on your CD sleeve. Send it as a part of your promotional package. Learn it by heart and recite it at gigs. It'll make you stand out at gigs. Remember: there is no such thing as bad publicity. You can take this, use it and turn it around at your advantage.

• Members
This review is frickin' great.

Print it on your CD sleeve. Send it as a part of your promotional package. Learn it by heart and recite it at gigs. It'll make you stand out at gigs. Remember: there is no such thing as bad publicity. You can take this, use it and turn it around at your advantage.

{censored}ING HUGE +1!

Dude, you have to own it. Make this reviewer regret ever even typing your band's name by tying her to you in every way you can.

Self-deprecation is a great way to humanize yourself in the eyes of most people. Case in point: Kevin "K-Fed" Federline. That dude took more {censored} for being Britney Spears wanna-be rapper lapdog than any guy should. He then turned around and owned up to everything the accused him of in this Super Bowl classic:

[YOUTUBE]QRbNCjDsVs4[/YOUTUBE]

And people gave him credit for it!

Here's another case: Kevin Smith (AKA - Silent Bob) picked a relatively public battle (by accident) with Tim Burton over a vague "copyright infringement:

[YOUTUBE]j_UG8ub3aoY[/YOUTUBE]

I love that he's going to use Tim Burton's line in his promotional materials. He's owning it, and giving the biggest "{censored} you" that he can by extending the moment.

Invite the reviewer out to every event you play. Pester her until she gives you more press (good or bad). You've got your hook in her, now give it a tug and reel her in. :thu:

Archived