NCD (New CAR day!)

xOriginalNinjax

• Members

So, most of you know the incident with my car and my first Chicago trip. I popped a tire (and bent the rim) on the way up, and on the way home I hit a deer, and of course my car has never since been the same. I was looking for a new car for a while (actually had been looking but not seriously, and then started SERIOUSLY looking last week) and my cousin texted me and goes, "Hey, one of my buddies has a sweet deal on an Integra you should come check out, and he'll probably take your car on trade for it." So obviously, I get myself in my car and drive over there. Instantly. I get there, and see this...unpleasant...looking Integra. Now, by unpleasant I mean, it looks like someone had pissed a woman off REAL bad, she had stood on the hood with an aluminum bat, and beat the CRAP out of the windshield, saw the guy, and started jumping. And she must've weighed about what I do...because the dents are pretty bad, BUT the guy only wanted my car and $350, and would do payments for the $350, and would help me get the car up in good shape. SO, I bought a water pump, timing belt, windshield, and glue, got everything put on, and have a new car! He included a new headlight (one melted a teeny-bit), new hood (but it needs painted), and new front seats (the old ones were leather that had never been cared for). So, after spending $275, I've got a really nice car (well...what WILL be a really nice car when I'm done) and here are pics to prove it.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

• Members

Thanks.

My mod list:

Paint, suspension, wheels and tires, badges for the car, brakes, and a full system flush.

I think I'm going to try to do all of that (except the flush) in one fell swoop, that way there's less down time with the car. Luckily for me, my cousin has a paint booth and hydraulic lift in the garage at his house, so I'll be doing all the work there (with his help). Much cheaper than a shop doing it. It's going to be white with black trim, with red lettering on the insets (it has "DOHC" by the door, that'll be red). The wheels I'm getting for my summer tires will be black and red, and I'm going to have my cousin help me powder coat my brake calipers and valve cover white and red. It should look REALLY nice when I'm all done. :)

Archived