Cort Curbow parts

Longshanks

• Members

Hey, i usually hang out in the drum forum :wave: but i also play bass and just purchased a cort curbow 5 string for $50. but it has no electronics other than the pickup. I'm not too worried about finiding the parts, pots, toggle switch, etc... but does anyone know where i could find a wiring digram and a list of the needed electronic parts??

Cheers

-Shanks

• Members

thanks. also does it have an active pickup?? it appear to have a cavity for a 9v maybe?? forgive my lack of knowledge. :)

and yeah i saw a couple of new curbows at the same place for $450, then saw this one used and missing parts for only $50 and figured it was a great deal.

• Members

thanks. also does it have an active pickup?? it appear to have a cavity for a 9v maybe?? forgive my lack of knowledge.
:)
and yeah i saw a couple of new curbows at the same place for $450, then saw this one used and missing parts for only $50 and figured it was a great deal.

I'd say 99% certain it has a passive pickup with an active pre-amp/EQ, so the battery is there just to power the pre-amp/EQ board. Unless the pickup says "EMG" on it, it's probably a passive.

• Members

http://www.music123.com/Cort-Curbow-5-String-Bass-512718-i1147842.Music123

Electronics include a single slim Bartolini passive pickup

Active 9V tone circuit features a 3-band EQ and a "slap" contour switch with adjustable bass and midrange boost (accessed from the rear) plus volume, treble cut, mid boost/cut and bass boost/cut knobs on the front

Archived