Just need a budget bass for recording backing tracks

SlaveNewWorld0

• Members

I've never played that brand but this scares me away: This Bass is ideal for Lead guitar players who wish to learn the bass or for youngsters wishing to learn. Scary.

Can you get a Rondo bass out your way? Or check out some pawn shops/craigslist/etc.

Yo.

• Members

• Members

You might consider one of these.

http://www.sunlitedrum.com/guitars/productpages/GEB-100Page.htm

I bought one of these off of eBay about 3 years ago on a whim to use as a Frankenstein project. It was purchased for about 60 bucks including shipping and though allegedly a used one it came to me in "as new" condition.

It looked, played, and sounded so good it was about 2.5 years before I even modded it at all. The only thing I did to it after purchasing it was add new strings and did a slight bridge adjustment.

It's been rock solid reliable all of this time and as the seller I bought it from stated in his auction; it does not look, feel, or play cheap. Just a suggestion for consideration anyway.

• Members

I've never played that brand but this scares me away:
This Bass is ideal for Lead guitar players who wish to learn the bass or for youngsters wishing to learn.
Scary.

Can you get a Rondo bass out your way? Or check out some pawn shops/craigslist/etc.

Yo.

All that means is that it's short scale. Nothing scary about it.

• Members

SX basses get a lotta love around here. and for what you want, that would probably be fine.

you should consider getting something with a P style pickup. A P bass records beautifully with very little effort. plug it in and you'll get a good bass tone on the recordings.

Archived