The Bass Company

dmxdummy

• Members

Never bought one but I've played two of them at a local shop, I wasn't that impressed. I wanted to like them, well, because they look cool but the feel was all wrong for me. They felt very much like a low-medium end bass to me.

• Members

I've had 2 of them. One Chinese made and one of the newer USA made ones. The chinese one was top notch finished, solid, and a great player. The USA one was a great player but the finish details weren't as good. You could see some of the sanding marks and there was some checking in the neck finish. Both models had great jazz type necks that I could get nice low action on and both had scratchy pan knobs.

I think they are great value instruments and you can get them to make them with different body woods. You can get a USA made bass for under $500...but the resale is {censored}e.

• Members

Somebody on here picked one up like a year ago and raved about it... Was it you, JM5? But, yeah, I like the wood pickguards too, never played one though.

i bought mine a little over a year. i dont play it much because i love my main axe too much. every time i play it i am reminded why i don't sell it.:love:

• Members

I've had 2 of them. One Chinese made and one of the newer USA made ones. The chinese one was top notch finished, solid, and a great player. The USA one was a great player but the finish details weren't as good. You could see some of the sanding marks and there was some checking in the neck finish. Both models had great jazz type necks that I could get nice low action on and both had scratchy pan knobs.

I think they are great value instruments and you can get them to make them with different body woods. You can get a USA made bass for under $500...but the resale is {censored}e.

I thought they all were custom made in Missouri?????

Archived