Spector PUP's

countrybass

• Members

More than likely they're the DC's.

You can email PJ your SN from the bass and he will be able to tell you. They're very cool and good about that stuff, even going back to the old days. :thu:

I'll be anxious to hear some road and gig reports from that ax man! You're gonna love it for years to come.

• Members

More than likely they're the DC's.

You can email PJ your SN from the bass and he will be able to tell you. They're very cool and good about that stuff, even going back to the old days.
:thu:

I'll be anxious to hear some road and gig reports from that ax man! You're gonna love it for years to come.

this is true! PJ emailed me back in 20 minutes about a price on a black Spector bridge. I am thinking of going all black on mine with a black bridge, black tuners, and I already use DR black beautry strings.

• Members

this is true! PJ emailed me back in 20 minutes about a price on a black Spector bridge. I am thinking of going all black on mine with a black bridge, black tuners, and I already use DR black beautry strings.

"None more black!!!"

:thu:

• Members

Man, that's gonna be beautiful!!

• Members

Yep, black hardware is a must for me on a Spector. I can't stand gold hardware, though.

A quick tip if your bass has the Tonepump preamp: I put my volumes on 1/10th of the max for each pickup. The Tonepump output is SUPER hot. If you use any kind of pedal or don't want to have to push the pad switch on your amp, this is a must... I can't understand why there's no trim pot inside the bass to control the output volume.

• Members

Yep, black hardware is a must for me on a Spector. I can't stand gold hardware, though.

A quick tip if your bass has the Tonepump preamp: I put my volumes on 1/10th of the max for each pickup. The Tonepump output is SUPER hot. If you use any kind of pedal or don't want to have to push the pad switch on your amp, this is a must... I can't understand why there's no trim pot inside the bass to control the output volume.

OK. good info to know.

• Members

I love DR's but I also read that Spector's own strings sound the best on the Euro. Mine has an Aguilar pre-amp, which is also hot. I use about half of the neck "P" and a third of the bridge "J".

I set mine to 100% P and 10-20% J depending on the song. Never used Spector strings, but one of these days I might have to try a set out.

• Members

That's right. I actually prefer this layout over a PAN setup.

I'll have to get used to that. I always turn my volume down after a song, unless of course we go right into another. That will be wierd with 2 vol and then trying to get them back to the same setting quickly.

• Members

I'll have to get used to that. I always turn my volume down after a song, unless of course we go right into another. That will be wierd with 2 vol and then trying to get them back to the same setting quickly.

Get a mute or a tuner pedal or something is what i would recommend.

• Members

Yeah does your Peterson not mute when activated?

I have both the stomp 2 and the rack. The stomp, I'm not sure. Georgestrings said that I can set the stopm up to mute, but I don't use that on stage anymore. With the rack theres a mute button on the front panel and I think that there may be a optional foot switch for muting as well. That a good idea.

• Members

If you want a master volume and pan knob, I believe PJ at Spector will give you the information on how to convert your bass to function this way.

THat too is cool to know. I prefer that config now. Probably because that s what Im used to.

Archived