Thoughts on this Ampeg Combo?

Ender_rpm

• Members

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ampeg-BA115HPT-1X15-100-Watt-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=481723

Need a "big brother" for my B15 for rehearsals, and maybe to run in a side by side clean/dirty rig (muwahahaha) and they have this one on clearance. It's got a coupel features the regular Ba's don't have, namely a tube pre (not a ig deal) and a tweeter/horn control (big deal, I play with OD alot). Seems like a good price and the right features. Anyone use one? Have good/bad experiences?

And yes, I know, Ampeg sux, made in vietland, etc. I like 'em :)

• Members

There's a big topic over at Talkbass that doesn't cast Ampeg's current situation in a very good light. Seems they just aren't stocking the stores, aren't communicating with the stores and aren't sending replacements/parts in a timely manner. Doesn't sound good. New ownership perhaps?

A friend of mine had that Ampeg and didn't complain about it, but he sold it for a Line6 Lowdown combo (300w/15) and says he likes it much better.

• Members

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ampeg-BA115HPT-1X15-100-Watt-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=481723

Need a "big brother" for my B15 for rehearsals, and maybe to run in a side by side clean/dirty rig (muwahahaha) and they have this one on clearance. It's got a coupel features the regular Ba's don't have, namely a tube pre (not a ig deal) and a tweeter/horn control (big deal, I play with OD alot). Seems like a good price and the right features. Anyone use one? Have good/bad experiences?

And yes, I know, Ampeg sux, made in vietland, etc. I like 'em
:)

Sheesh! That and the B200r are SO bulky & heavy on load in/out(especially at 4:30AM), or to haul up/down stairs, or lift in/out of your vehicle(unless you've got a van or the like).

I can see those working in a situation where you can leave them for extended periods of time...much like I did for church.

I hate the idea of buying a piece of equipment only to beat the livin' hell out of it.

But if your looking for a gigging combo, look at Peavey's new neo TNT, or Roland's Cube100 with a neo 1x12" extention cab.

Archived