Question for Zoom H2 users

Detox

• Members

My H2 has worked well for recording band rehearsals, but I just haven't gotten the correct settings together for recording live shows.

At the moment, I'm using the following settings:

LO CUT = OFF

REC MODE = 96/24 .WAV

AGC/COMP = OFF (using manual LOW mic gain)

I've been having someone record us from out in the audience using the front (90

• Members

Did you try turning up (or down) the input volume? There's two volume settings on the zoom IIRC, the input and output. You want to look at the input volume and see what it's at.

The wider recording angle might be a good idea too, but that's hard to say without knowing how big the place is and where you're setting up the recorder in relation to the band.

Do you run everything thru a pa ? That would be the easiest to control the recording process, hook the Zoom h2 up to record thru the pa.

• Members

The wider recording angle might be a good idea too, but that's hard to say without knowing how big the place is and where you're setting up the recorder in relation to the band.

Do you run everything thru a pa ? That would be the easiest to control the recording process, hook the Zoom h2 up to record thru the pa.

The last recording came from a club with a really loud PA. The person who recorded was right in the middle of the room, not more than 50 feet from the PA mains. With that much volume I don't get why it sounds far away and echoing, like it's coming out of a cave.

BTW, the place we played at last week records every band, and offers to sell you a copy of your performance. Not too sure we could talk them into letting us record off their board.

Archived