Schecter Stiletto Custom 5... On Topic, Sorry!

ErikHoppy

• Members

I played a Schecter Custom 4, natural finish, in the studio this weekend. Had some thick strings on it tuned to drop B for some meshuggah type metal. I fell in love. It felt so nice to me and the direct tone alone blew my mind for a $600 bass. I'm also a HUGE fan of the natural finish.

So, it got me thinking... I've been wanting to pick up a bass in the $300-400 dollar range to start my own bass rig, and stop leeching off my friends. I have been playing bass a lot recently and am searching for a band to play bass in.

I found a Schecter Custom 5 string for $335 shipped. It's got a dent on the side, but otherwise looks in great condition, many pictures from all angles supplied. Comes with a nice gig bag.

Should I bite? Looking around, this is a great price for this bass, and is well within the price range I set for myself. I see other models on eBay, Daddys, Guitar Center selling for $400 used.

I have played the 4 string version of this bass and loved it, so I'm hoping the 5 string version won't be completely different feeling.

Thoughts?

• Members

I played the 4-banger version in the studio this weekend, and fell in love with the tone, and loved the feel. I couldn't get my hands on the 5-string, but I've taken one off the GC wall a few times in the past and liked it.

I'm going for it!

Archived