Kindness's JTM45 Build

Kindness

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

You could have 16, 8, 4 AND 2 if you wanted?

The switch we are using is a 3-way, so you can use any three of those four. But, yes, the OT is set up to use all four either by using a different switch or by adding output jacks.

• Moderators

Holy CARP!! I just looked over the last set of pics. That is some SUPER sexy wiring. So clean that Monk would approve!!! I'm at half mast already!!!!

Thanks. This was my "how quickly can I build an amp" build, but I think that it always helps to keep the wiring clean.

• Moderators
:thu:
! What are you playing it through? Clips?

Tested with a P bass through an Acme B2. I'm not set up to post clips (nor do I have the time at the moment :cry:), but my door is always open for people to audition what I've built. If thing keep going like they did today, it won't be long before I'm able to get myself back into a life with some free time, but I'm not there yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I mounted the chassis in the headbox last night and got to rock it a bit harder tonight. This amp is louder than I expected and breaks up differently than any of my others. I'm really digging it. I didn't take any solo pics, but here's a group shot of what's hanging out in my living room tonight:

IMG_6320.jpg

• Members
I mounted the chassis in the headbox last night and got to rock it a bit harder tonight. This amp is louder than I expected and breaks up differently than any of my others. I'm really digging it. I didn't take any solo pics, but here's a group shot of what's hanging out in my living room tonight:

IMG_6320.jpg

I don't think this is the setup to cure your clutter problem. Still completely awesome though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Kindness,

In this pic you have the plug jack oriented with the angles upward. Once the chassis is then oriented in the position of a finished amp, this will make the angles face downward. Any place I've seen these, the convention is angled corners upward. So this is how I've installed mine. Is there any difference in the wiring, IE, do I have to reverse the leads to the fuse and the switch? It's AC, so electrically, either leg's going to see the same. But, I don't know if there's also a convention to which leg of the cord is hot vs which leg goes where inside the amp.

IMG_6243.jpg

• Members

You caught me with my pants down Karl. I hadn't recognized I had done that until you pointed it out. It certainly hasn't made any difference with my amp that I can tell, nor do I expect it to.

Thanks Patrick.

Does it normally matter, which leg would go to switch or fuse, the hot or the neutral? Any idea?

Archived