• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My favorite beers (for the moment) are as follows:

Bell's Two-Hearted Ale

Three Floyd's Alpha King Ale

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

New Belgium 1554

Bell's Two Hearted is my absolute most favorite beer ever. I fiend for this stuff. I LOVE TWO HEARTED ALE!

• Members

You like it more than the Full Sail (One of my favorite breweries)!?!? That explains why we have differing opinions on the Bridgeport..

I love the rest of Full Sail's beer, but I just don't love their IPA. Tastes hollow to me (for lack of a better word)... Can't explain it other than that.

• Members

We shared a Naughty Goose tonight, it was a brown american ale. Ok. Not bad. But I prefer better. Bought a 12er of Two Brother's Spring 12 pack. Loved their porter and their Red Rye brewed with Thai Palm Sugar.

• Members
We shared a Naughty Goose tonight, it was a brown american ale. Ok. Not bad. But I prefer better. Bought a 12er of Two Brother's Spring 12 pack. Loved their porter and their Red Rye brewed with Thai Pam Sugar.

Haven't had any of those... They're on the list. :thu:

My favorite brown ale is Moose Drool, FWIW. I love it.

• Members
Haven't had any of those... They're on the list.
:thu:

My favorite brown ale is Moose Drool, FWIW. I love it.

Who makes the Moose Drool?

Can you get the Two Brother's out by you?

• Members

Who makes the Moose Drool?

Can you get the Two Brother's out by you?

Big Sky (Montana) makes it. The first time I tried their beers was in Madison, WI, so it seems like they'd have it in Chicago, but I'm not sure.

Nope, no Two Brother's in the stores. I'll have to wait until the GABF..

• 2 months later...
  • Members
For those of you that have Trader Joe's check out Mission Street IPA- for 5.99/sixer you get a very decent IPA. Beer Advocate agrees--

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/562/46896/?view=beer&sort=latest&start=0

I'm not much of an IPA fan, but I probably haven't given it the fair chance it deserves. I'll try it. :thu:

TJ's Black Toad Dark Ale is one of my very most favoritist beers. :love: Also the Fat Weasel Ale.

Last week I tried a little Elysian Peppercorn Saison. I don't know what Saison means, but it was good. Even just the smell of it was great. Like fresh ground pepper / pine / taragon maybe?

• Members

I'm not much of an IPA fan, but I probably haven't given it the fair chance it deserves. I'll try it.
:thu:

TJ's Black Toad Dark Ale is one of my very most favoritist beers.
:love:
Also the Fat Weasel Ale.

Last week I tried a little Elysian Peppercorn Saison. I don't know what Saison means, but it was good. Even just the smell of it was great. Like fresh ground pepper / pine / taragon maybe?

Other TJ suggestions, too? Very cool, thanks!

FYI - saison means 'season' in French, and in this case, it means a seasonal brew.

Archived