We have a CD review on About.com!

MrJoshua

• Members

Damn, that's a good review, dude! You had some big-shots working on your album too, it seems. I had no idea you did childrens' music... Have you heard of King Kong? One of my friends that has two young kids plays that for them pretty much non-stop and they love it.

• Members

That's really cool. Definitely let us know when it's available on CDbaby.

I have another CD of kids music featuring "Comin' Round the Mountain" by The Bears. There's another song on their by formerly popular Columbus band McGuffey Lane. Those are easily the best two tracks on the CD, but, overall, it's a good CD of kids music. For the past week or two, I've been playing that CD for my oldest when she goes to bed at night. :thu:

• Members

Damn, that's a good review, dude! You had some big-shots working on your album too, it seems. I had no idea you did childrens' music... Have you heard of King Kong? One of my friends that has two young kids plays that for them pretty much non-stop and they love it.

This is the first children's CD we've done. :) The other guys have kids, and I have a metric ton of nieces and nephews so we all thought it would be fun. We recorded probably 90% of it at my place, and we actually mixed most of it ourselves - five of the tunes we sent off to New York for Greg Thompson to mix. Bob Olhsson mastered it. It turns out that you can get whatever names you want as long as you're willing to pay them. ;) Although both of those guys actually have very reasonable rates.

I'm really hoping that we can do something with this. I think it turned out much better than I originally expected. Now we just need Disney or somebody to hear it and go "hey, we'd like to buy that, here's ten bajillion dollars"... :D

Archived