NBD!!! (my first 5 stringer)

cobrahead1030

• Members

it's been a good 2-3 years since i bought my last bass, played one of these (sr505) a few weeks ago tho and really loved it...found this one on the bay for a price too low to resist :thu:

so far i really love how it feels and plays, it will need some new strings before i can comment on the sound tho...i'll be on that sometime next week

bass004.jpg

bass008.jpg

bass012.jpg

and beside my old beat to hell sr800 with emgs...

bass016.jpg

• Members

still trying to sell my engl head first

i found a sweet deal on a mesa 4x10 tho, hopefully it will still be around when someone buys my amp

i'm probably gonna go in with that and an old gk800 head tho...if i get the gig i'll most likely add a 2x12 or something, pick up the mesa m6 head i really want, and use the gk for a backup

• Members

for what it is, i love it...the hardware is getting kinda stripped and difficult to adjust tho, and the frets have seen better days

i stole that one on e bay a few years ago for like $200 i think, not a huge fan of EMG's but i like em way better than the stock ibanez stuff

• Members

That's gonna be a solid, reliable, consistent bass. Damn good find!

I'll recommend Elixirs. They came on my SR1005 and I now see why people dig em.

As for a Mesa rig, go find and test-drive that Powerhouse 212. It is a YUMMY sound with the low B. Lotsa rumble, but clear, clean rumble.

• Members

sr505 + DR hibeams =
:rawk:
thought about gettin one but wasnt to impressed with the low volume of the A-string, otherwise it played and sounded rather nice. could've just been the specific one i was playing

i just put some of those on a while ago :thu:

also played a markbass lmII while i was there that really sounded awesome...too bad the good deal i'd found on one got snatched up :mad:

Archived