OT: Strangelove/7 Days in May/Manchurian Candidate

• Members

i know there are some serious film freaks amongst the crowd, so im hoping for some recommendations.

Im looking to find more late 50's/early 60's paranoia/political/dark/thriller -type films, as typified in my mind by the 3 in the title.

thanks...

• Members

This one isn't political, but Stanley Kubrick's "The Killing" is a really great "film noir" about a racetrack heist. I think it's Kubrick's first feature-length movie. It's filmed in a jump-time style sort of like the backwards narrative of "Memento".

Stars Sterling Hayden, Elisha Cook, Jr., and a very hot Marie Windsor. Timothy Carey plays a great character , and pre-"Ben Casey" Vince Edwards also has a role.

• Members

Those are some great films you cited - among my favorites.

They weren't spitting them out like hershey bars.
:lol:

unfortunately...still there have to be others...just watched 7 days last night, hadn't seen it in probably 20 years...awesome stuff, Serlings writing, Frankenheimer directing...oh hollywood how you have fallen

• Members

unfortunately...still there have to be others...just watched 7 days last night, hadn't seen it in probably 20 years...awesome stuff, Serlings writing, Frankenheimer directing...oh hollywood how you have fallen

Aint that the truth! :facepalm:

• Members

When you run out of "A" and "B" list films, you might want to consider another Frankenheimer work, The Train, as a tertiary option. Not really in the same vein as those you've mentioned, but entertaining.

Archived