My Brush With Jazz Greatness & Met Someone Famous That Plays Upright

Thunderbroom

• Members

On Monday, my wife and I flew out to Vegas (still here) for a few days. On the plane I struck up a conversation with my seat mates. The guy setting next to me told me he was a drummer. I'm thinking "cool". Ultimately I find out that he's been playing professionally forever and has been Ramsey Lewis' drummer since 2001. He was a really, really nice guy.

:cool:

His name is Leon Joyce.

• Members
On Monday, my wife and I flew out to Vegas (still here) for a few days. On the plane I struck up a conversation with my seat mates. The guy setting next to me told me he was a drummer. I'm thinking "cool". Ultimately I find out that he's been playing professionally forever and has been Ramsey Lewis' drummer since 2001. He was a really, really nice guy.

:cool:

His name is Leon Joyce.

Cool! He's pretty damn good too!

• Members

Updated my thread title...heading out to enjoy Vegas for another day...

Last night my wife and I went to see Penn & Teller at the Rio. There was a jazz duo playing when we got there...piano and upright bass. I quickly realized it was Penn Jillette!! He was somewhat incognito though I can't believe more people didn't realize it was him. He was really good I thought. He slipped in the intro to "Blister in the Sun" during one of their jazz numbers. It was great!

• Members

Updated my thread title...heading out to enjoy Vegas for another day...

Last night my wife and I went to see Penn & Teller at the Rio. There was a jazz duo playing when we got there...piano and upright bass. I quickly realized it was Penn Jillette!! He was somewhat incognito though I can't believe more people didn't realize it was him. He was really good I thought. He slipped in the intro to "Blister in the Sun" during one of their jazz numbers. It was great!

Penn plays bass? Nice! :thu:

Archived