new "rig hauler"

poomwah

• Members

well, as some of you know I didnt like trying to fit stuff in the bronco II. I couldn't justify the crappy gas mileage for something like that with so little cargo space. Well, I've decided to downsize my rig.

some of you will remember that earlier this year I had to get rid of my 95 t-bird. I have missed it ever since, it was just too far gone to fix. After selling the bronco 2, I found a 97 thunderbird, 4.6l v8, leather interior, sport package (bigger wheels, bigger brakes, bigger sway bars, different shocks and springs), a small dent in the top of the drivers fender, two holes in the drivers side turn signal, a lot of faded paint, but...........NO RUST!!! It has almost new tires, new brake pads and rotors, new fuel injectors, new plugs, plug wires, air cleaner. It barely ran, I had to limp it home. I gave the guy my money and he looked at his buddy and smiled. They were snickering while they walked away. It took me a while to get home, it would do 60, but it wouldn't take the gas, so you had to really ease into the throttle and gradually accelerate. I got home, opened up the MAF sensor(2 screws) (to those that don't know what a MAF is, it measures how much air is coming into the intake), it looks a lot like the filament on the light bulb. It was dirty as hell, I cleaned it with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. put it back in. DONE :]

Runs really strong now :] drives straight, smooth, shifts great, I am SO freaking happy. and we got the feeling that they thought they were ripping us off.....

ready for the kicker..... I talked them down to 550 bucks :]

as per forum rules... pics tonight

Archived