OT: Manny Pacquiao..

zachoff

• Members

Holy crap, awesome fight tonight. He seemed to have a hard time the first couple rounds but after the first knockdown it was all over. I was totally impressed with how well he took Cotto's punches at first & when he puts together combinations, it's as good as I've seen since the heyday of Ray Leonard. I really really really hope he can fight and beat Mayweather. Can't stand that dude.

• Members

Yeah I was pulling for Cotto just b/c I wanted to see the upset! He was strong through I think about the 3rd round, and then his punches just quit bringing the thunder. He couldn't combo worth {censored}, and while early he got some good contact in, they were just one and done's, so it didn't affect Manny at all.

Now he vs. Money May... holy {censored}. :thu::thu:

• Members
The sticking point will be who gets how much of that money.

Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't end up like the Hopkins/Jones talks where one wants more than the other and won't budge. That'd be lame. Split it 50/50 and prepare for Mayweather to get knocked the {censored} out!!! :D

• Members

The sticking point will be who gets how much of that money.

True.

I still think it'll happen, though. May has too much pride IMO, anyway. Boxers are a weird bunch and understandably so, but man, c'mon- he'd never be able to live that one down.

At least De La Hoya and Hatton got in the ring. I have more respect for them both trying than pussing out and I think he'd see that.

• Members

True.

I still think it'll happen, though. May has too much pride IMO, anyway. Boxers are a weird bunch and understandably so, but man, c'mon- he'd never be able to live that one down.

At least De La Hoya and Hatton got in the ring. I have more respect for them both trying than pussing out and I think he'd see that.

I don't think he wants any part of Manny and not getting the lions share of cash gives him an out. He wants to keep his unbeaten record.

I hope I'm wrong because I will GO to that fight if it happens.

• Members
I don't think he wants any part of Manny and not getting the lions share of cash gives him an out. He wants to keep his unbeaten record.

I hope I'm wrong because I will GO to that fight if it happens.

But doesn't May have to come down in weight to fight Manny, or would Manny go up? Sorry there's like 75.12189 million weight classes in boxing so I get confused. :freak::freak:

I would almost argue Manny would give up a little just to get May in the ring.

Good on ya'. That'd be one helluva fight. :thu:

• Members
But doesn't May have to come down in weight to fight Manny, or would Manny go up? Sorry there's like 75.12189 million weight classes in boxing so I get confused.
:freak:

I would almost argue Manny would give up a little just to get May in the ring.

Good on ya'. That'd be one helluva fight.
:thu:

Manny can't fight at more than welterweight at this point, so Mayweather would have to make that weight... 145. Manny weighed in at 142 for the Cotto fight & they were saying he had to eat 8,000 calories per day to maintain that weight. :freak:

• Members

Mayweather was supposed to weight 145 for the Marquez fight, but came in at 147. He ended up paying a penalty, but the size difference was very apparent at the start of their bout.

If Mayweather and Pacquiao get in the ring I think there will be a startling difference in size.

• Members
Manny can't fight at more than welterweight at this point, so Mayweather would have to make that weight... 145. Manny weighed in at 142 for the Cotto fight & they were saying he had to eat 8,000 calories per day to maintain that weight.

Where does May usually fight?

• Members

On Wikipedia, he's listed as Welterweight. Looking at size, I mean Manny is 5'6.5" and Mayweather is 5'7.5"- is it really that hard for two people one inch apart to weigh a similar amount?

Absolutely. While they will both weight the same amount at the weigh-in, fight night is a different story. Pacquiao will have to fight to keep the weight on. Mayweather, on the other hand, will not have to cut calories or worry about sweating out excess pounds. On the night of the fight, the weight difference can be as much as fifteen pounds.

Against Cotto, though they looked close in stature at the weigh-in, by the time the fight rolled around, Cotto appeared much thicker and wider in the torso.

Archived